This policy went into effect on 7/4/ 2018.
2. Personal Information`
We collect information about our Users in four ways:
- directly from the User;
- from our Website web server logs;
- from Contractors; and
- through cookies.
In addition, when you engage in certain Services, a credit card or debit card transaction may be required. These transactions on the Website are handled through a third-party affiliate and we do not store any credit card or debit card information. The transaction process will be completed subject to the terms of Stripe, our credit card vendor. The Wedding Warranty temporarily collects the card information which is immediately sent to the third-party affiliate for which we receive a “token.” The “token” is the only information stored on our servers. For more information on the transaction process, please see Stripe.
Our Website is not directed towards Children and we will not knowingly collect any personal information about visitors on the Website who may be Children. Anyone under the age of eighteen (18) may not use our Website on their own, and may only use our Website with the permission and involvement of a parent or guardian.
4. User-Supplied Content and Information
In order sign up for The Wedding Warranty’ Services or make a purchase through the Website, we require you to provide some general personal information, including your name, e-mail address, date of birth, city, and zip code (collectively, “Contact Information”). Please do not submit any confidential, proprietary or sensitive personally identifiable information (e.g. social security number, driver’s license number, etc.) (collectively, “Sensitive Information”). If you submit any Sensitive Information, you do so at your own risk and we will not be liable to you or responsible for consequences of your submission.
User-supplied Contact Information that you provide to us when signing up for our Services, any information provided to us that does not include Sensitive Information, and any content and information provided to us when you post Project content may be used to provide information to one or more third parties for market research or marketing purposes. The Wedding Warranty is the sole owner of all information obtained at this site. We may also use information you provide to us to communicate with you in the future. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you may opt out (unsubscribe) as described below.
5. Web Server Logs
When you visit our Website, we may track information about your visit and store that information in our Website web server logs, which are records of the activities on our Website. The servers automatically capture and save the information electronically. Examples of the information we may collect include but are not limited to:
- your unique Internet protocol (IP) address;
- the name of your unique Internet service provider;
- the town/city, county/state and country from which you access our website;
- the kind of browser or computer you use;
- the number of links you click within the site;
- the date and time of your visit;
- the web page from which you arrived to our site;
- the pages you viewed on the site; and
- certain searches/queries that you conducted via our Website or affiliated websites.
The information we collect in web server logs helps us administer the site, analyze its usage, identify information or services that are most relevant to a particular User, protect the website and its content from inappropriate use, and improve the User's experience.
6. Customer Provided Information
Users provide us with their Contact information and the Contact information of the individuals getting married. As discussed above, this data contains basic information about you or these other individuals including but not limited to names, email address, date of birth and wedding dates. This information allows The Wedding Warranty to email contact you for confirmation and to verify information regarding the warranty, generate the interest form for you to fill out, and provide other relevant web services and functions.
8. Protection of Personal Information
The Wedding Warranty does not intentionally disclose Children's personal information to third parties, except with regard to the safety and security of the Website as discussed above, and to service providers who provide support for the internal operations of the Website and who do not disclose or use the personal information for any other purpose. These service providers may provide support services such as hosting the Website, designing and/or operating the Website’s features, or performing other administrative services. The Wedding Warranty may provide these companies with access to Children’s personal information in order for them to carry out the services they are performing on The Wedding Warranty’ behalf. To our knowledge, these service providers have agreed to maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of this personal information they obtain from The Wedding Warranty and the Website.
Parents have the right to review and request that The Wedding Warranty delete any personal information that the Website has collected and retained about their Child. If you would like to request that The Wedding Warranty delete any personal information The Wedding Warranty may have about your Child (such as first name and contact information prior to the Website’s one-time use) or if you would like to request that the Website make no further collection of personal information about your Child, please email email@example.com.
The Wedding Warranty markets itself through and on ad networks and social media channels including but not limited to Google AdWords and Facebook. Part of this includes marketing known as “remarketing”. Remarketing is often done through cookies and other means. As a User, you agree that information submitted to us when using our Services, or which we may have based on your browsing activity on our Website, may be used for remarketing and audience targeting.
We also run a The Wedding Warranty’ email list with content chosen by our staff members (“Interested Picks”).
10. Access to Information
We will not sell, rent, or lease mailing lists or other User data to others, and we will not make your personal information available to any unaffiliated parties, except as follows:
- to agents, third parties, Website vendors and/or contractors who may use it on our behalf or in connection with their relationship with us;
- if we are unable to assist with your matter, but know an unaffiliated company that may be able to help you, we may refer you and share information you provided us with that party; and
- as required by law, in a matter of public safety or policy, as needed in connection with the transfer of our business assets (for example, if we are acquired by another company or if we are liquidated during bankruptcy proceedings), or if we believe in good faith that sharing the data is necessary to protect our rights or property.
11. Correcting, Amending, Deleting, or Obtaining Information and/or Opt-Out of Future Communications
Please contact us to:
- see what data we have about you, if any;
- change/correct any data we have about you;
- ask us to delete any data we have about you; and/or
- opt out of future communications from us.
12. Additional Questions or Concerns